Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services (“PSDS”) is pleased to announce that a punchout catalog for restaurants and caterers will soon be added to the UVA Marketplace. Virginia Catering Company (formerly UVA Catering) is still a resource to departments as well. Departments will be able to order everything from breakfast and lunch to break service and dinner for University meetings and events via the UVA Marketplace.
The University has identified a new strategic partner, America To Go, to coordinate these efforts. Starting in late summer, America To Go will have a Marketplace punchout catalog. This catalog will post menus and pricing for area restaurants and caterers in a user-friendly punchout catalog within the UVA Marketplace, along with the ability for restaurants and caterers to upload customized quotes for unique University events.
America To Go will provide web-based services that will deliver many benefits to the University:
* 24/7 customer service and dedicated account management
* Searchable menus and saved favorites
* Improved choice and information on restaurants and caterers
* Automated accounting and a clear approval process
* Running invoice totals and accessible customer order history
* A reduction in accounting time, cost, and paperwork related to food ordering
* A more transparent and competitive marketplace
* Greater consistency in applying University policies, including insurance coverage
* Improved ability to encourage and track progress related to important initiatives (e.g., sustainability and supplier diversity)
* Increased visibility of area restaurants and caterers across Grounds
* Ability for departments to use any of the America To Go restaurants and caterers without having to seek any additional competition
IMPORTANT: We are encouraging all restaurants and caterers to join as early as possible so they will benefit from being part of this exciting new way of doing business with the University. If your department has a favorite restaurant or caterer, please encourage them to join.
To recommend a restaurant or caterer, contact the University’s Account Manager at America To Go, Audrey Emmer, at email@example.com. You may also contact Frank Fountain with PSDS at 982-3092 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about the process.
Stay tuned for more information related to this exciting new initiative!